- Registration for the International Environmental Short Film Festival 2017 is free.
- The shipping of materials to Ecofilm Festival offices must be covered by the participant.
The International Festival of Environmental Short Films, ECOFILM FESTIVAL , invites the audiovisual producers of the world to participate in the contest and exhibition of audiovisual pieces with a focus on sustainable development and conservation of nature. The 7th edition projects the theme: Sustainable Eating.
- The participant of the seventh edition must create an account and complete the application form on www.ecofilmfestival.orgEntering data as requested means the participant accepts the terms of participation.All entrants to the fact of sending materials to Ecofilm Festival 2017, expressly agree to be bound by the terms of this document that regulate it. For legal purposes means that all audiovisual work that is subject to competition in terms of this announcement complies strictly with each and every one of the conditions described in there, so that the person or entity that submits disclaims then the Organizing Committee, conveners institutions or individuals, partners, officers, employees, agents and commission agents, from any liability that may arise from claims by third parties they deemed to have rights over such works or their content, making theirs alone contestant legal action taken against them, and the economic consequences from these obligations.
- Ecofilm Festival reserves the right to disqualify the contest to all those works that do not comply with the rules of this call, or to the technical specifications set out in the document ‘Brief Sustainable Eating’ published on the site www.ecofilmfestival.org; the works in competition in each of the categories (Clause 9) and for category Audiovisual Campaign (Clause 10) or those who do not present the minimum quality of audio and video (low resolution image, underexposed, overexposed , inaudible or saturated audio, etc.); or falsehood or inaccuracy of any information provided when submitting the artwork to the contest.
DELIVERY DATES AND FORMATS
- The registered films can be uploaded (staying) at the site www.ecofilmfestival.org from March 29 to 23:59 pm on July 12, 2017, with the following specifications techniques:
Size: Maximum 60 MB
- The films enrollees also be delivered / sent to EcoFilm Festival offices located in:
Hercules No.8, Crédito Constructor, Benito Juárez, C.P. 03940, Mexico City Monday to friday from 10:00 to 18:00 hrs. Until July 12, 2017. For material sent by mail will be considered the date of postmark.
The presentation format will be a DVD / CD in .mov or .mpeg file and be labeled with the name of the short film and category of participation. Must be clearly marked on any shipping labeled “Sample without commercial value, only for cultural purposes”.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- All citizens of the world may participate. Filmmakers and film industry professionals and advertising, film students, communication, visual arts, advertising and all those related to the visual arts and the environment, collectively or individually, regardless of their profession or nature of their studies and certifying their physical or moral personality.
- 1 Excluded from the competition all individuals and entities who participate or have participated in the organization and development (production of campaign materials, distribution, sponsorship and production) of Ecofilm Festival 2017.
- Take part in 4 categories:
- Audiovisual Campaign
In all cases the works submitted must comply with the technical specifications and content included in the document ‘Brief Sustainable Eating’, which will be available for download on the site www. ecofilmfestival.org
Any registered material that does not meet the required characteristics will be disqualified.
- To participate in the categories: Animation, Fiction and Documentary, the short films must have been produced after January 1 2017, have a minimum of one (1) minute and a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes, not including credits.
- The works presented for the category Audiovisual Campaign (consisting of one short), must have been produced after January 1, 2017 and have not been patterned in any mass, electronic or alternative means. The total duration of the works in this category is 60 (sixty) accurate seconds.
- Registered films whose language is not spanish, must be subtitled in spanish or english.
- Each participant may submit up to three audiovisual (individual or team) work, completing one form for each registered work, regardless of category. For purposes of this notice will be deemed to physical or moral person submitting audiovisual work to competition is the producer of this and therefore owner of the economic rights. The foregoing is without prejudice to the continuance of the rights that correspond to the various authors of the audiovisual work, in terms of the provisions of Articles 68 and 96 to 99 of the Federal Copyright Act (the Act). The Producer must prove conclusively, having obtained the rights of audiovisual performance of the various authors considered individually thereof (Direction, Screenplay, Adaptation, Argument, Photography, Music, Cartoons) as well as artis performers in this part, by holding the respective contracts, on the understanding that failure to do so shall be deemed automatically disqualified from the contest under appropriate audiovisual work. Such contracts shall have been granted under the rules established by law and be capable of being registered with the National Institute of Copyright or equivalent registration of each country.
- All audiovisual works that are subject to competition must be original and unpublished. In their contents should not be incorporated parts or fragments of literary and artistic works, creative elements whose rights corresponding to third parties except in accordance with your prior express written authorization, nor shall phrases, expressions or signs attacking third employed, or which adversely affects the prestige, reputation or beliefs of others. Failure to comply with these requirements entitles the Organizing Committee and / or Jury automatically disqualify the work in question. Nor shall appear on screen trademarks of products or services, whether well known or not.
- The contestant must always retain as part of its own collection, a digital copy of audiovisual works or subject to competition, given that the Organizing Committee will not have any obligation of returning received files, or to preserve or maintain the same for a given time.
- For all legal purposes in such event, the person who submits an audiovisual work to the contest describing the present Call and Regulations expressly authorized by that fact alone, the Organizing Committee to hold public exhibitions, broadcasts in television and electronic of the subject to competition, within the event called Ecofilm Festival and / or in coordination with their sponsors and alliances, without which such exhibitions / transmissions payment obligation amount is cause audiovisual any work, for which participate or appear there, so hereby grants to the Organizing Committee, entity or summoning persons and / or persons responsible for carrying out the organization of Ecofilm Festival, the largest settlement in applicable law on the subject, not saving about action or exercise any rights.
- The holders of the economic rights of each and every one of the works that are finalists must sign the contract to transfer rights to use and exploit them for the non-profit organization Hombre Naturaleza A.C., which will be provided to them by the Organizing Committee. The lack of signing of this contract will result in the disqualification of the work concerned.
- Anything not covered in this Call and Regulations shall be resolved exclusively by the Organizing Committee and their decisions are final.
SHORT FILMS SELECTION
- All registered materials are evaluated in two stages: first, by a selection committee comprised of specialists, academics, filmmakers and film industry professionals. Selected audiovisuals passed to a second stage to form the screening selection 2017, according to the qualification and decision of the jury members.
- The Jury will be composed of personalities from film, advertising, communication and environmental industries. The jury will evaluate the works submitted to competition taking into account the clarity with which the message is expressed, its relevance in education and / or public awareness, creativity, originality, content and significance. The jury’s decision is final.
- Participants of the selected films to form the screening selection 2017- Sustainable Eating will be notified via email in registration form and through official websites of the festival and will be required to deliver the short film for screening in the indicated period of time with the following specifications: Format HD (1920 x 1080) 24 frames, Sound: 5.1 Compression: .mov (QuickTime) or MPEG (Moving Pictures Expert Group).
- The Jury may declare void any of the categories of the competition or winners of these when in his judgment it is considered that the works submitted do not meet the merits or requirements of this solicitation.
- The decision of the Jury will be final and will be made public the day of the award ceremony to be held in Mexico City whose date will be announced through www.ecofilmfestival.org and other official websites of the festival. Subsequently these results will be published through the website www.ecofilmfestival.org and other official websites. Contestants who have been winners in any category will be contacted via email to the address registered in the respective registration record. Failure to respond to mail received in the time stipulated there, may declare the award void. In case of not sending the required documents in digital for prize delivery (Copyrights, Official ID, Taxpayer Identification Number and Adress ) in a period of 3 natural month from been notified winner, the prize can not been awarded.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- NATIONAL COMPETITIION (Only for short films produced in Mexico or Mexican contestants
ECOFILM FESTIVAL BEST SHORT FILM OF THE 2017 EDITION.
$1,000,000.00 MXN (one million pesos 00/100)
* Award winning may not be winning any awards chosen additional category.
- Prizes for Fiction, Animation, Documentary and Audiovisual Campaign categories consist of:
1st place $ 100,000 MXN (one hundred thousand pesos 00/100)
2nd and 3rd place prizes in cash or in kind granted by our sponsors.
- VFS Prize. Scolarship in animation studies in Vancouver Film School.
- INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION: (for all non mexican countries)
Best International Short Film: Prize in cash or in kind granted by our sponsors.
- OTHER AWARDS:
Other awards and recognitions not provided in this document may be released until the award ceremony and will be announced via www.ecofilmfestival.org or in other official websites.
- Short films selected from the Seventh Edition of Ecofilm Festival, will be exhibited at public events, movies, forums, televisión, social and electronic media.
The owners of the copyright and property accepts that such work as extracts from such materials for dissemination, are displayed in non-commercial events in the framework of the activities organized by Ecofilm Festival and its sponsors or alliances to which places where the films will be presented through www.ecofilmfestival.org and / or official websites related to be announced.
To raise awareness in the society about the importance of food recovery and its relevancy in the environment, also to promote conscious and responsible food consumption.
TEMA // ALIMENTACIÓN SUSTENTABLE
Deepen in the impact of food waste in the environment and the alternatives for recovery and responsible consumption.
Inform about the food waste matter it’s causes and consequences in the environment, promote new forms of consumption, production and uses of the food to create a zero waste culture.
The consumer role in the production system and food waste.
• To increase knowledge in production, distribution and food waste.
• To inform about the impact of food waste in the environment
• To promote sustainable use of the natural resources in the food production system
• To promote a zero waste culture
• To generate new ideas for the maximum use of food products for the consumer
• To inform and foment local consumption and farming
WHO DO WE SPOKE TO?
Governments, companies, opinion leaders, media and society in general.
HOW DO WE WANT TO SAY IT?
A credible, impacting, dynamic and actual message that captures the attention of the receptor and make the person feel identified with the problem and key element in the actions for its solution.
Reflexive, original, simple, dynamic, rational or emotional and contemporary.
Direct, simple and practical.
Food / recovery / sustainable / uses / sustainable consumption / sustainable production / Food recovery / local farming / natural resources / environmental footprint / farm / biodiversity / climate
change / distribution / health / education / hunger
• Create a hopeless dramatization of the environment
• Elaborated tone and style
One third of all the food produced around the word is wasted, which means 1.4 billion tons. In low income countries this happens because of technical and management limitations in the production,
storage, distribution and commercialization. In high income countries, food waste is related to consumer habits and existent politics, such as food quality standards. These amount of loss have a direct impact in the environment and climate change due to greenhouse gasses emissions and the non responsible use of natural resources for the production of food that no one is going to eat.
ECOFIlM has the mission of promote film making with environmental themes that helps to improve in knowledge, conservation and sustainable use of the natural resources as a developer factor for the wealth of the society. This year the topic “Sustainable Eating” is selected according to two of the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Responsible consumption and production and Zero hunger. The call stands out the fact that a massive volume of food in perfect conditions never get to many people’s plate. A third of all the food produced is wasted somewhere between the fields and the consumer; it is a matter with social, political, economical and environmental consequences, besides the huge waste of energy, water, land and other resources employed in food that will never be consumed.
The global food production system has deep consequences in the environment and producing more food than the necessary helps to increase pressure to the planet in the following ways:
• More than a 20% of the farm fields, 30% of the forests and 10% of the pastures are being degraded
• Agriculture and land-use modifications have contributed to more of the 30% of greenhouse gasses emissions.
• 9% of the natural water resources have disappeared, a 70% caused by agriculture irrigation systems
• Globally, the agri-food industry employs almost 30% of the energy destined to the final customer
• The excess of fishing and its poor management has contributed to the descent of many fish species. A 30% of the world’s fisheries have been over exploded.
• The actual system is not sustainable. En 2050 it will be needed to produce 70% more, under the risk of passing the barrier of two grades global warming